Roasted Carrots with Zucchini and Feta
- 1.00 kg zucchini, cut into 1cm thick half circles
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 1 red onion, cut into small wedges
- 1 garlic clove
- 100 g Australian feta
- JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- sea salt & cracked black pepper
Best enjoyed with our freshly pressed JOSEPH Olive Oil! Seasonal South Australian produce shines when served in simple recipes like this.
Wonderful on its own or great as a side dish.
1. Pre-heat the oven. Turn to 220°C, fan forced.
2. Place zucchini, carrots, and onion in a bowl. Drizzle with JOSEPH Olive Oil and mix until vegetables are coated.
3. Remove the vegetables from bowl and spread onto a baking tray.
4. Wrap the garlic clove in a small piece of alfoil. Place on baking tray.
5. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes, until vegetables begin to brown as pictured.
6. Plate the cooked vegetables. Crumble the feta on top as pictued.
7. Unwrap the garlic clove and place in a small bowl.
8. Add approximately 80 ml of JOSEPH First Run Extra Virgin Olive Oil to the garlic bowl. Add a pinch of sea salt and some freshly cracked black pepper.
9. Mash the garlic mixture with a small spoon. Drizzle the garlic mixture over the roast vegetables and feta.
Serve with plenty of crusty bread and a glass of red wine. We love this dish with our Primo Estate Nero d'Avola. It's the perfect spicy red wine for this Winter recipe. Buon appetito!