Prawns with Tomato and Black Olive
- 16 Prawns, de-veined and butterflied
- 8 Roma Tomatoes, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 100 g pitted black Kalamata Olives, cut in half lengthwise
- 100 ml Rosé Wine
- 1 small handful fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a large frying pan saute the shallot in 50ml of olive oil under low to medium heat for 3 minutes.
Add the olives and continue cooking for another minute. Then add the tomatoes and wine.
Simmer the tomatoes for a couple of minutes. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
Add the prawns and continue cooking for a few more minutes, ensuring to turn the prawns at least once.
Turn off the heat and mix in the basil leaves.
Plate and drizzle with a generous amount of JOSEPH Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
This is the perfect Rose dish! Serve with plenty of chilled Primo Estate Sangiovese Rosato on hand to go with it. Buon appetito!