Panettone Bread and Butter Pudding
Turn your Christmas Panettone into a show-stopping dessert with this simple recipe.
Best enjoyed with black coffee and a glass of the The Fronti Fortified.
- 700gm panettone cut into 1cm thick slices
- 500ml milk
- 500ml cream
- 4 eggs
- 125gm sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of JOSEPH The Fronti Fortified
- 2 tablespoons of rum
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150gm blueberries or raisins
- icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish with butter.
2. Layer the panettone slices and blueberries in the baking dish. Drizzle with The Fronti, cover the dish and set aside.
3. Place the milk, cream, lemon zest and cinnamon stick in a saucepan. Bring to boil.
4. Once boiled, remove from heat and strain to remove lemon and cinnamon. Set aside.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla extract and sugar until the mixture is pale.
6. Combine the hot milk mixture and beaten eggs. Whisk together.
7. Pour this mixture over the panettone. Push the slices down until they're covered.
8. Place the panettone dish into a large baking tray. Pour boiling water in the baking tray until halfway up the sides.
9. Bake for 35 minutes, until the panettone is golden and the custard has set.
Dust with icing sugar, and serve with black coffee and a glass of The Fronti Fortified.
The Fronti's caramel and toffee flavours bring the best out of this heartwarming Christmas dessert. Enjoy! 🎄🎅