Nonna Grilli would make these crunchy biscotti on Christmas morning.
As she baked, the house would fill with the scents of scents of vanilla, sherry, and coconut.
They're crisp, crunchy, and perfect for dunking in a hot cafè latte!
- 375ml The Fronti Fortified
- 250ml sunflower oil
- 250ml caster sugar
- 60ml vanmillin sugar
- 500ml self raising flour
- 500ml plain flour
- 125ml dessicated coconut
1. Heat your oven to 200°C.
2. Mix the Fronti Fortified, sunflower oil, flours, caster sugar and coconut in a mixing bowl until they are well combined.
3. Roll the dough into a 'snake' about 1cm thick.
4. Cut the 'snake' into 8cm lengths, and shape into crescent bows as pictured.
5. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Dip the biscuits into the vanillin sugar to coat one side then place them sugar side up on the tray.
6. Place tray in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Serve with a cafè latte and a glass of JOSEPH The Fronti Fortified. We recommend dunking the biscuits in both!
This is the perfect drink for greeting family and friends as they arrive to celebrate Christmas on a warm Summer's day!
- 1 bottle Primo Estate Prosecco, chilled
- 200 g fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons of The Fronti Fortified
- 4 sprigs fresh mint
- ice cubes
1. Prepare the cherries: In a bowl, gently muddle a handful of fresh cherries to release their juice and flavors.
2. Add the fortifed wine: Pour a 2 tablespoons of The Fronti over the muddled cherries and mix. The Fronti will add a touch of raisin flavour and Christmas spice to the cocktail. If you prefer a sweeter cocktail, add a dash of simple syrup.
3. Assemble the drink: Spoon the cherry mixture into wine glasses, filling about a quarter of each glass.
4. Top with Prosecco: Gently pour chilled prosecco over the cherry mixture, filling the glass as pictured. Do this slowly to prevent the prosecco from bubbling over.
5. Garnish: Add a handful of ice and a sprig of mint to each glass. We love to add a whole cherry to the rim of each glass for a festive look.
6. Serve immediately: Enjoy the cocktail as the Christmas festivities begin. Buon Natale!
Here's what judge Gabrielle Poy had to say about the wine:
"This cabernet is a decadent and lavishly styled wine. Inspired by northern Italy’s Veneto, where the grapes for the amarone wines are dried to desiccation (which amps their intensity and tannins) and then fermented. This grand red is a stunning example of the cool and spicy 2021 vintage. If you can find an aged bottle of Moda for Christmas lunch, you’re in luck!
Opaque ruby red. Christmas cake spice, cassis and vanilla notes flood the senses. The palate is saturated with blackberry, vanilla and inky tones: incredibly intense. There’s density but also freshness to temper. It still seems very youthful and needs time for the tannins to meld and tertiary notes to appear. Great ageing potential. (Screwcap)
Score: 95 ★★★★★
Ageing: now to 2028
Food: slow-cooked lamb shoulder with potato gratin and pickles"
Cheers Gabrielle! Click here to experience the JOSEPH Moda.
Natale is fast approaching, and we've released our Primo Christmas specials!
We guarantee pre-Christmas delivery to all orders placed by 12th December.
These are my top picks for entertaining in the holiday season. Each pack includes my must-have Summer wines.
Here's what wine lovers have to say about our Christmas packs:
"Delicious Summer wines - love them. Will be great with our Christmas dinner. Thank you." - Terri D, South Australia
"Taste of summer in every drop! Fresh, lively, and a perfect accompaniment to light summer food. We are ordering another case for Christmas and New Year get togethers." - Amanda T, New South Wales
Don't miss out on this limited offer. Many of these wines will sell out before Christmas.
As always we are including a bonus bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and free shipping with every mixed or straight dozen.
Life's too short to drink anything other than great wine. Buon natale!
Owner & Winemaker
This rustic side dish hails from our family's homeland in Northern Italy, where it's known as 'Fagioli alla Veneta'.
It's perfect for showing off the new season's JOSEPH Olive Oil!
- 2 x 400g cans of borlotti beans
- 200g pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/3 cup JOSEPH Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- sea salt & cracked black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped
- toasted ciabatta bread
1. In a large pan over medium heat, add the pancetta and cook until it has begun to crisp. Remove the pancetta with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the fat in the pan.
2. In the same pan, add 1/3 cup of JOSEPH Cold Pressed Olive Oil. Once the oil has warmed up, add the minced garlic and rosemary sprigs. Sauté until the garlic is golden and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.
3. Drain and rinse the borlotti beans, then add directly to pan. Sauté in the garlic and rosemary oil for about 2 minutes, until they're well-coated and hot.
If you prefer a creamier texture, you can add some water and mash some of the beans with the back of a spoon.
4. Return the cooked pancetta to the pan and stir to mix well.
5. Season the beans with salt and pepper. They'll soak up more salt than you might expect, so taste as you go. Mix thoroughly.
6. Serve the beans hot in a bowl or on toasted ciabatta bread. Sprinkle with fresh parsley for added flavour and colour.
Bring out the best flavours of this dish with a final drizzle of JOSEPH Cold Pressed Olive Oil!
It's finally here - the 2023 JOSEPH Cold Pressed!
This is the most fragrant expression of South Australia's greatest olive groves.
We press at low temperatures to bring out the most intense flavours of the new season. This oil bursts with notes of walnut, almond and green banana.
We make the Cold Pressed olive oil to enhance the flavour of classic Mediterranean dishes.
Here's what Australia's chefs have to say about using our JOSEPH Olive Oil:
"I love this Extra Virgin Olive Oil...it's peppery, it's delicious...especially on my green salad!" - Guillaume Brahimi, Bistro Guillaume
"JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil consistently delivers purity of flavour, texture and balance.” - Neil Perry, Rockpool Restaurants
"JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil showed me what was possible for a benchmark oil in Australia." - Maggie Beer, Maggie Beer
Our First Run olive oil has now completely sold out. Don't miss this chance to taste the new JOSEPH Cold Pressed!
We will deliver all straight or mixed dozens with free shipping and a bonus bottle of olive oil.
Owner & Winemaker
The ancient city of Syracuse sits on the eastern coast of Sicily.
This traditional pasta combines the region's famous Mediterranean ingredients: anchovies, black olives, garlic and chilli.
Crispy breadcrumbs fried in JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil add bursts of texture to this rustic dish.
The vibrant notes of our Primo Pecorino perfectly complement this pasta's intense Italian flavours.
- 500g spaghetti
- 200ml JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 200g anchovies
- dried chilli flakes to taste (2-3g recommended)
- 150g black olives, halved
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
1. Cook the spaghetti in a pan of boiling salted water according to packet instructions.
2. Heat 50ml JOSEPH Olive Oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add the breadcrumbs and fry until browned. Remove breadcrumbs from frying pan and place in a bowl on the side.
3. In the same pan, add another 150ml JOSEPH Olive Oil and the finely chopped garlic cloves. Sauté for 30 seconds, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
4. Add the anchovies and cook them while stirring lightly until they are completely broken up, about 2 minutes.
5. Mix in the chilli flakes and black olives.
6. Remove the pan from heat and add the chopped parsley.
7. Add the sauce to your spaghetti and mix well.
Serve fresh from the pan with a chilled glass of Primo Pecorino for maximum effect!
For two years running, James Halliday has included this wine in his 'Top 100' wines of Australia.
Today, you are the first to know - our 2023 Pecorino has arrived!
This vintage is another stunning edition of the style. It has a delicate perfume of stone fruit, lemon blossom and almond.
We made this wine using fruit from South Australia's first and only Pecorino planting.
It has been so inspiring to see the excitement grow for this grape from my father's homeland of Le Marche, Italy.
In previous years, this wine has sold out within days. Like last time, we're keeping it as an exclusive for our members.
Don't miss out on your chance to taste this historic white!
As always, we're sending every straight or mixed dozen with free shipping and a bonus bottle of our olive oil.
Here’s to living la dolce vita!
Owner & Winemaker
Our perfect evening - seeing the sun set while enjoying these juicy mussels and a cold glass of La Biondina.
- 1.00 kg mussels, cleaned and debearded
- 2 tablespoons JOSEPH Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup La Biondina white wine
- 1 fresh chili, diced
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 2 tablespoons JOSEPH Olive Oil
- salt & pepper to taste
1. Heat JOSEPH Olive Oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add the onion, garlic, and fresh chili. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add chili flakes and 1 cup La Biondina and bring the mixture to a simmer. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the mussels to the pot and cover it with a lid. Let the mussels steam for 5-7 minutes or until they open up.
5. Discard any mussels that do not open.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top of the mussels.
7. Serve the mussels in bowls with ladles of the white wine broth.
Drizzle with JOSEPH Olive Oil at the table for added flavour. Use plenty of crusty bread for dipping in the broth.
Pour yourself a chilled glass of La Biondina and enjoy!
The 2023 La Biondina has arrived, and it's stunning.
This is my best effort at making South Australia's greatest food-friendly white wine.
I love the pineapple and mango flavours that leap from a chilled glass of La Biondina.
The 2023 vintage finishes with a satisfying citrus twist. It's perfect with simple seafood dishes like my Mussels in White Wine Broth.
Don't miss this chance to taste the wine at its freshest!
Here's what others have to say about La Biondina:
"This has become one of our all-time favourites - so fresh and delicious." - Robyn S, Western Australia, 2022
"It's addictive! My preferred white wine for close to 30 years and it gets better every vintage." - Leon H, South Australia, 2022
We're sending every straight or mixed dozen with free shipping and a bonus bottle of our olive oil.
Because life's too short to drink anything other than great wine!
Owner & Winemaker